Author Topic: 1998 Isuzu Hombre Won't Start - Possible wiring issue  (Read 2227 times)

jason_cota

• View Profile
1998 Isuzu Hombre Won't Start - Possible wiring issue
« on: January 15, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
I have an isuzu hombre 96. 4 cylinder engine 2.0 2wheel drive. been having the same problem for a month. it started out with me driving around and the engine would cut out on me.itll crank but it wont start. the fuel pump is not working. i can tell when its not gonna start because i have no serv. engine light or any gauges on the dash when i turn the key on. i found a ground by the battery. that was rusted out and i regrounded it. my gauges came back on and i can hear the fuel pump kick on and it ran fine for about a week.

then,it got really cold one night . i went to start it again and my and the same problem happened again . no gauges and you cant hear the fuel pump kicking on. i rechecked the ground wires and reconnected them to new places.i have checked every wire in the whole truck. i started at the battery and worked out tracing every wire.cant find any corroded wires any severed wires and cant find the problem. now it will crank over but it will not start. everyone that i know keeps telling me it is a wire problem somewhere. but i have checked the whole truck and traced every wire that was in the engine bay i took the dashboard off checked the wires in there and no wire problems that i can see. is there a relay or some module that could be doing this that i am missing?

any ideas on what this could be?
Jason

Linkback: http://www.trustmymechanic.com/forum/b1/1998-isuzu-hombre-wont-start-possible-wiring-issue/31608/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

discretesignals

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 1998 Isuzu Hombre Won't Start - Possible wiring issue
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »
If you connect a scan tool or code reader to the OBD2 connector, can you communicate with the engine controller and retrieve code information?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

Share Topic

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter